Friday, October 10, 2008

Ronnie Reno, Makes Presentation to IBMM


Ronnie Reno, in his own words:

"One of the highlights of the IBMA convention held here in Nashville on Oct.1st was when I presented some of my Dad's and Red's memorabilia to the International Bluegrass Music Museum."


"I am very proud of the fact that Don Reno and Red Smiley are in the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame. I was able to give the museum some more of the personal treasure's that I have of Dad's and Red's. I presented them some old posters that I have saved of the band back in the middle 50's. What was so great was that they used them as cue cards while doing TV shows. They would write down songs that they didn't know and the floor producer would hold them up beside the camera while they would sing them live on their 'Top Of the Morning' TV show. I was also able to give them Red's dog tags from WWII and some old pictures of them along with a tie clasp of Red's and some cuff links of Dad's.

"If you ever get the chance please go by and visit the IBMM in Owensboro KY. and tell them Ronnie sent you."

Source, BlueHighways TV http://bluehighwaystv.com/

No comments: