Monday, June 29, 2009

Chain Saw Carved Bear, in It's New Texas Home




This is a e mail and pictures from the winner of the chain saw carved bear, that was raffled off Saturday at the close of the Laurel Highlands Bluegrass Festival.

It is obvious that the good will generated by the firemen and their helpers is spreading far and wide. The best kind of advertising!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sparky, this is Jamie and I am sending the pics u asked for

I gave it a lot of thought on the drive back to TEXAS. I donated the bear to my home town Fire Department.in Benbrook Texas

The Chief Tommy Davis is a long time friend an running buddy of mine. Tommy and the rest of the crew think he is the coolest.

I'm sure the kids and the rest of the town will soon be by the fire hall to check him out .

They put him inside right at the main entrance. The local paper called me and I told them the story on how I won him and how outstanding and friendly the people there were. It will be in next weeks paper. I will send u a copy.They are going to have a contest on what name we should give him. The paper is going to have a plaque made to put by his feet.
You would not believe how big of a deal this little bear has caused in my little home town


Let me tell u the ride home was A blast he caused several little backs up with every one slowing down to take pitchers.

Ever time I stopped to eat or fuel, I would come out and there would be a crowed.


ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU

The people there were just outstanding and the hospitality of every one from the owner of the cow that did the plop to the young lady at the concession stand.


Thanks again Jamie Gray




No comments: