Friday, January 1, 2010

Rhonda Vincent happy to be on the road again

By OTIS R. TAYLOR JR. - otaylor@thestate.com

Rhonda Vincent is done being lazy.
December is the only month her band, Rhonda Vincent and The Rage, take time off the road.
"We're lazy the whole month of December because I have no schedule," said Vincent, who will perform Sunday at Bill's Music Shop & Pickin' Parlor. "This is the only time of the year I can do that. I can't say that very often.
"If I want to stay up late, I can, but I'll feel guilty. It's hard for me because I'm a workaholic."
Vincent is a bluegrass virtuoso. She can sing, and she plays mandolin, guitar and fiddle. She began her career as a child in her family's band, The Sally Mountain Show.
Performing is what she knows best.
During our interview in mid-December, Vincent was trying to keep busy. She was paying bills and listening to "Willie's Place," Willie Nelson's radio station on XM Radio. She also was passing time by playing games on Facebook and shopping for birthday and Christmas gifts.
One of the gifts she was searching for: Gut strings for a daughter's bass guitar.
And a bass amp.
"Both of my daughters are in a band called Next Best Thing," Vincent said of Sally, 23, and Tensel, 21. "They're going to record another album.
"I'm excited for them. They had no interest (in playing music) until a couple of years ago."

More

No comments: