Sunday, February 14, 2010

Leadbetter leaves Grasstowne


Phil Leadbetter announced Saturday he was leaving bluegrass band Grasstowne for both musical and non-musical interests. Leadbetter, who plays Dobro, did not specify what those interests were. The group released two CDs on the now-shuttered Pinecastle Records label.
In an email Leadbetter said, "I want to announce that today, I am stepping down as a member and partner in the band Grasstowne. I started this band along with my friends Steve Gulley and Alan Bibey in December 2006. I have had a good run of 3 years and 2 successful CDs here, but I have decided to pursue a few others interests."
"Some of these are musical, and some are non-musical. It just seems like the right time, and I didn't want to leave the guys hanging during the upcoming festival season. This will allow plenty of time for a replacement to be found."
"I have really enjoyed working with Alan, Read on...

No comments: