Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dr. Tom Bibey's Weblog

I have added Dr. Tom Bibey's blog to my blog list along the sidebar. His blog is sub-titled "Stories of the Bluegrass Road." But it is more than that, it is made up of stories about life, much as Bluegrass music itself.

Below is a paragraph from his most recent post, as well as a link to the post, and the sidebar will contain a permanent link to his blog.



...I don’t think I’d a made it without music. Many a night I drove home dead dog tired and only stayed out of the ditches ’cause the cassette player in my Scout blared away Flatt and Scruggs or some other favorite. I listened to a lot of bluegrass going back and forth to the hospital. If you ever played a note I thank you ’cause somehow it filtered down to old Doc and very well might have saved my life one of those lonely nights....
Read more...

1 comment:

Dr. Tom Bibey said...

Hey thanks for the visit.

As you know, Lorriane is a N.C. girl, so we're real proud of her. I love Jerry Butler's voice, Along with Darin Aldridge I think Josh Goforth is one of the best multi-instrumentalists to come out of the Carolinas in a long time.

Anyone who loves bluegrass music and is from Arnie's home town is sure good by me.

Stay in touch. I have a book, 'The Mandolin Case, due out in 2010. It is a complictaed medical legal saga solved by the bluegrass crowd. As Tim Stafford said, "Doc, that has to be fiction." It is that, but as the old saying goes, "it didn't have to happen to still be true."

Dr. B