Saturday, December 27, 2008

Silent Strings, RIP Mark Rhodes

I would like to extend my deepest sympahy to the family of Mark Rhodes.
The obit was not published in the Saturday editions of the Trib, check the Sunday edition. Funeral home link.


From: Cathi Rhodes Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 9:16:51 PM
Subject: My Brother, Mark Rhodes
To my dear Family & Friends,
It is with my heaviest heart that I give you the saddest news that my 'baby' brother, Mark, passed away today around 3:30 PM. He had an asthma attack late Sunday night which resulted in 3 heart attacks. Since he was deprived of oxygen for quite a while, he suffered brain damage as well. He was on life support until today. He would have turned 51 one month from today, January 26.
He was the upright bass player in the Rhodes Brothers Bluegrass Band and also performed with me in six of the ten stage productions of 'Always...Patsy Cline.'
Viewing will be at Barnhart Funeral Home on Monday, December 29 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 PM. The funeral will be on Tuesday at 11 AM. His short obituary will be in Saturday's paper, with the full write-up on Sunday.
If you know anyone who knew Mark, please let them know about his passing for me. I would appreciate that very much.
Sadly,
Cathi

No comments: